Week 14 - 1 month to go!
With just 1 month to go things are becoming real 🥹🥳🤩😱😱😱
Emotional as I will get to see Delphine and run for real with her (following our virtual half marathon during Covid!). I started to plan minute by minute from the time she arrives to the time we arrive at the finish line:
- on Friday she lands, and you may be tired Delphine, so we can go to Princeton for a quick visit or straight home to eat and sleep. We might, or might not, see Camille. She is planning to come down for the weekend in Princeton to see her friend competing for Wrestling.
- on Saturday we will take the train to NYC to visit the expo center, gets our bibs and bags before we do limited tourist activities and head to hotel, so we can prepare our drop bags and bring them to Central Park
- on Saturday evening we will have diner with Laure! Even more emotions, as I haven’t seen Laure in AGES 😅
- on Sunday… we’ll we run! We will let you know the expected step by step as we get closer.
It will be a real party, this is all I can say 😅 we received the map of the course, sharing it here:
But it’s also scary, as obviously it’s 26.2 miles, not a small walk in the (central) park… So training continues, less miles this week, 33 miles in total after this morning “long” run of 12 miles. It was great after the busy last week, some rest at least! And only one session with a specific workout (Tempo), all others were more based on speed overall.
Finally, update after last week race on Sunday: I did manage to run after the Saturday long run, and placed well for my age group. Our bodies are capable of much more than our mind thinks!


Comments
Post a Comment