Introductions - Aurelia
For the first entries I thought we could answer a few questions about ourselves...
Who are you?
Aurelia - 46 years old, I started running around 10 years ago. At the time a 5k was an achievement, and I progressed slowly to 10k and was supposed to run my first Half Marathon in Philadelphia when Covid hit (it was scheduled for end March 2020). Since then I've been running several Half Marathons, trying to improve my time!
I also hit the gym regularly and the yoga mat to help stretch.
All those activities help me manage my work induced stress, the more I run, the more I have to focus on my breath, my legs,... the less I think about work!
I love running in groups, and I'm part of RAP - Run Around Princeton. Meet us weekdays 6am corner Nassau & Witherspoon streets for fun runs 👀
Would it be your first marathon?
It will be my second marathon - my plan was to start with an "easy" one: Atlantic City. Easier as flatter, and it was truly a great experience, from the preparation, training to the actual run. I enjoyed following a plan, and seeing the result, adding the miles week after week. I had fun trying different fuels: several types of gels, different forms, flavors, to find the one my stomach could process... I updated my diet few months ahead and was in top form on the day!
I feel more ready this time... let's see...
Why NYC?
It's my favorite city on earth.
Do you already have the shoes you'll run the NYC Marathon with?
I might. I am rotating between 2 pairs: Nike Pegasus 39 (close to 400 miles on them) and Saucony Endorphin Pro 2 (just shy of 100 miles there). It depends if I choose to run with the Saucony in the end or if I find a better model before.
Are you ready?
No! Training starts on July 3rd - I'll be ready when the training cycle is completed - but I'm ready to start the preparation, ready to share this with my sister, comparing notes/progresses and ready to run!
Please share a picture of you, running of course!
This was October 2022, Atlantic City Marathon, just before the finish:
You'll hear next from Delphine!

Great idea, this blog to share about you, your motivation, your preparation schedule, really great!
ReplyDeleteThanks!