First Week of Training

 First week of training, it was hot, very hot 🥵 

I started on Monday with a slow 3 miles, but 73F/23C and 95% humidity… fun… 

Tuesday was bank holiday, July 4th, independence day, but also hills workout day: I had found a hill with no cars and was ready to go up and down, up and down, up and down. Only issue: I went running at 5pm and it was then 82F/28C… this was not a pleasant experience! Note to self: only run in the morning, as early as possible, during summer.

Break on Wednesday! But did arm workout at the gym so there is no jealous.

Thursday easy 3 miles run again, early enough, no worries.

On Friday the plan was to run 5 miles, I’ve extended a bit as our Friday RAP (Run Around Princeton) run is a 6 miles loop around the city and it’s famous university, including the Institute of Advance Studies where Einstein worked. I’m sure pretty soon I’ll have to extend it… not yet ready for that!

Finished the week on Saturday with a long run (which will seem short by the end of this training…): 10 miles, at slow pace to hold the distance while cooking at 77F/25C with 93% humidity…

Reward: a new pair of running shoes 😇


Our team on Saturday morning:

Cards for the wee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7… or 11.5 weeks before 11/5

Week 17 - Full Taper Mode

Week 14 - 1 month to go!