Week 2 - This is happening!

And here goes week 2! It started with way better weather than week 1 … until the long Saturday run, which was humid: hydratation was key. I’m glad Yvette switched from biking to running today so I had a partner all along the way, it does help so much during those longer runs, and we kept reminding each other to drink :)

Still low mileage overall with a total for the week of 26 miles, including today's 10 miles run: legs are fine. During the week it was mostly recovery runs, except a Tempo Run which I managed to fail, the workout did not register properly as I did not “exactly” follow the instructions from the watch… but I did get a very nice morning light along the way:


Thursday I listened to the NYRR Marathon Expert training kick-off session and my key notes from their recommendations include:
- Fueling: 30g every 30 min, which seems like a lot, not sure how to manage this over 4 hours!
- Nutrition: drink, drink, drink… water… I need to focus on this, especially during the week. 
- Training: listen to your body, especially in this heat, and alternate the places you run and the workouts so you don’t get bored. This is something I appreciate with the Hal app, every day is a different type of run. Now I need to diversify the locations, while still starting from home mostly during the week. If someone could just flatten the hills around the house it would be great…

Today I tried on the new shoes: ASICS Gel-Cumulus 25, and with the level of cushioning it does feel like running on clouds. So far no regrets, let’s see how they behave as I add on the miles.

Finally, according to Hal, I’m very compliant with the training plan so far…might get a running belt as a reward… looking forward to Week 3!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7… or 11.5 weeks before 11/5

Week 17 - Full Taper Mode

Week 14 - 1 month to go!