Week 3 completed ✔️
This week’s stats:
- total mileage: 26.69
- total hours: 3h57
- total elevation: 1,009 ft
Are numbers really translating this week’s effort? A bit, but not completely!
A bit: this was only 26 miles, it’s really the beginning that’s clear, with some daily run still at 3 miles, and the “long” run at 8 miles. I enjoy it while it lasts and prepare my body with some sessions at the gym: leg day is a must.
But not completely: they don’t show the types of workout! Did I do hills repeat? Did I run intervals? Did I take it easy…? This week was varied, but fortunately no hills repeat! The fun workout was the 100m repeat (4 times) and then 800m repeat (also 4 times). You run them faster and you have rest periods in between, so it looks like this:
It’s the first time I was doing 800m intervals, it was always 400m in my past workouts, having fun…!
Finally during today’s long run, I’ve tried to compile a list of the reasons why it is great to wake up early to go running at dawn… to help Delphine and me feel better 😅… let me know if you think of any others:
- You don’t have to do it later, one thing ticked off your day check list already… sense of achievement before anybody else in the house is awake
- It’s cooler, especially now, with temperatures raising quickly once the sun is up
- Less cars on the road: less risk of injuries and also less bikes/people out so you can run on the sidewalk


Comments
Post a Comment