Week 4 - For the win!

No pressure but by the end of this week NYC marathon is now less than 100 days away!

It’s ok, as we’re progressing well on the training plan: mileage increased to 31 total miles for this week, including a 13 miles long run today. 

It’s still hot, and I started later (6 am) so it was slower than marathon pace, and I enjoyed the views as I was running… in NYC!!! I went from Greenwhich where we’re staying, across to Lower East End to check my favorite street art spots (I had to pause in Freeman Alley to enjoy the new adds), down to South Seaport and back West to run along the Hudson with hundreds of other runners, some alone and a few in groups. 

The other main workout in the week was hills repeats, and I managed it, there are so many hills around the house to choose from! 

Delphine, I need the name of those creams, my legs need a bit of TLC… 

I haven’t changed my diet yet too much, but just started to try electrolyte fastchews to add sodium and potassium during the run, it’s supposed to help reduce heat stress and muscle cramping. I was not stressed and did not get cramps so I can conclude, so far, that it’s working!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7… or 11.5 weeks before 11/5

Week 17 - Full Taper Mode

Week 14 - 1 month to go!