Week 10 - High, Higher, Highest!
This week I ran 45 miles in training, but most importantly… I ran 2,417 feet of elevation, highest in the last few months. I blame:
- Monday’s run on Coppermine for the Bank Holiday. Our running group likes to wake up extra early on bank holidays and run up mountains to celebrate. Why? I don’t know! Holiday challenge 😅
- Tuesday’s hills repeat, obviously! The fun fact is that I was running in the dark (waiting for the temperatures to cool down) so I could not technically see the hills. I was running completely based on feeling and inputs from my legs, complaining of course.
- Saturday’s long run: Mountain View. The clue is in the title. But there was limited view due to humidity and fog levels, unfortunately (photo below from Yvette along the actual Mountain View street).
So we can conclude that I’m ready for our holidays in the mountains…
There were lots of group runs this week, which provided social support, especially for the last one, the long run. We decided to start with the hills, literally running back up from Princeton city center to our place, and continuing up towards Sourlands afterwards. We kept a steady pace, not too fast, which enabled us to run the extra 6 miles at the bottom to reach our total mileage of 19 without issues.
Another enabler? Gael, who was waiting for the group (me!) on the top of the hill with wet towels, water, Gatorade… and macarons! Completely decadent! He cheered us on the way to more hills and on our way back.
I tried running the long distance with the Saucony Endorphin Pro 2 and it was a success: no blisters, no blood, and all my toenails at the end. Those will be my shoes for the marathon ( they only ran for 120 miles as of now). They’re yellow… so I need to find a yellow too now 😜
NYRR started to issue the marathon official jacket. I like the Astro Dust one… what about you Delphine? They also shared the names of the gels that will be distributed along the course: SIS Isotonic Energy gels (only available in orange or lemon flavors on Amazon, still looking for more options). I’ll try a few when we’re back to see if they agree with my stomach. If they do, I won’t need to bring mine in my multi pocket shorts!
And finally, Monday is the start of the registration for Boston 2024, hoping I’ll have connectivity 🤞




Comments
Post a Comment