Week 9 - 40 miles!
I have heard from Delphine today and I need to conceive a cunning plan to enroll Gael to help me in the same way her boyfriend helps her, following me on the bike with fresh water, gels and dry shirt for my next long run… thanks for the idea Delphine!
But back to this week. It was a decent week, increasing the mileage slightly, with no pains so far:
- The recovery run on Monday went from 3 to 4 miles… small detail, tu with my current running route for Monday (straight when i’m out of the neighborhood), it means I need to cross another big road to run 2 miles straight and back… the level of danger on this training increases 🙃
- I think this Tuesday is the earliest ever (and hopefully the last time) I started a run. It was dark at 4.20am when I kicked off the warm up, and still dark at the end of the cool down. But results! I was on time for my first call of the day at 5.30am
- Nothing special about Thursday Tempo run, I was trying to be in downhills for the fastest intervals, but it did not always work
- Friday run increased from 8 to 9 miles, which I thought required a reward: I took the time to stay after the run with the team for coffee plus croissant
- We did 15 miles as planned on Saturday for this week long run. Bridgett from the group had planned a « flat for Princeton » course… After all those flat hills the last mile was very hard, but I made it, thanks to Yvette who just decided to sprint it to get over it!
So I total for the week 1429 feet of elevation (compared to 800 last week). And I know this is just 430 in meters, but my legs felt every meter…
I finished the week with a yoga session by Yana’s pool, while the group was running. Recovery is a Priority ☕️


Comments
Post a Comment