Sweet 16… Week 16
Week 16 done, and we are now tapering, finally! Only 31 miles ran, with a long run at 12 miles, for which I had no gels, no Gatorade as I woke up 15 minutes before the meeting time for the run, which was in Princeton city center, let’s say I ran in my shorts before running nearly a half marathon. That’s how you realize nutrition and hydration do help! It was painful and raining but the good news was that after the run we were on our way to North Jersey to go and see Camille, who had prepared a hike for us during homecoming day at her college!
Tapering according to the plan I follow does reduce the distances (to the point that you are wondering why bother going out at all for such small runs…) but still working on speed. This is an exciting period, around 2 weeks before the marathon, when you would like to be at the race already but at the same time you’re anxious: did I train enough? Should I run more? Will I gain weight if I reduce the mileage?
You know someone amongst family or friend is tapering if…
- they’re constantly hungry ( check!)
- they’re cranky, from not running (I don’t think so…)
- they’re always saying « after the marathon,… » (I don’t, too excited for the actual marathon day!)
- they visit the starting line area to visualize race day (I actually went to the finish line this Sunday, I already visualize the end 😅)
- they’ve completely lost focus at work (check, I have to remind myself to focus several times a day!)
- they’re still deciding on their race outfit (well, I was decided until I saw it might rain… now I have to think again…)
- they’ve tried every race time prediction calculator on the internet (yes, I have to say I tried, but you can never predict what will happen!)
- they’ve already picked out the spot where they will display the medal (of course!)
It’s going to be a busy period, getting the house ready for our visitors, that will take my mind off the tapering a while…
Now, this part is for the spectators or people who want to follow us: you can, if you have iPhone, I don’t know the app for other phones… follow us while we run, through the NYC Marathon app, you enter our names and you track us, there are also live video coverage at certain points, so you might see us 🙃
The app: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tcs-new-york-city-marathon/id727109676
And final advice, if you’re coming on the day, don’t forget your best sign…
You can also try from below:
« You know you don’t have to do this, right? »
« Why do the cute ones always run away?! »
« Slow down, I’m trying to count everyone! »
« No one made you do this! »
« You think you’re tired? My arms are holding this sign up! »
« You run marathons…I watch them on Netflix. »
« Pain now…beer later » - my favorite obviously
« Where is everyone going? »
« I’m sure it seemed like a good idea 4 months ago. »
« Smile, you paid for this »
« All toenails go to heaven. »
« At least you’re not at work »
« You’re 26.2% crazy for doing this. »
« Where are you all going? »
« This would be much easier in a car »
« Because 26.3 would be crazy »





😂🤗
ReplyDeleteTu es vraiment allée sur des prédicteurs de temps de course ?
ReplyDelete😉
Ta montre ne te fournit pas ce genre d'information ?
Ma montre pense que je suis née au Kenya 🤪
Delete