Week 15 - getting closer…
The excitement grows… NYRR shared the 2023 medal look… it’s so class!
We are motivated to go and grab it!
This week training was a bit crazy, with:
- Track on Tuesday, and this time I actually went to tracks, the Princeton High School ones, but there was no students at this time (around 5am), and even if there was, I could not see them with the fog… Total 9 miles including warm up and cool down, I was glad when it was over, back home on time for a quick meeting before shower and then heading to work, to sit all day
- 10 miler on Friday, so another early wake up call, especially as I had a 7am meeting again, which got cancelled while I was running so I still sprinted at the end to make it on time… good training I guess…
- Following this 10 miler we had 20 miles on Saturday morning! The initial plan with Yvette was to run to the D&R Canal, and just run straight for 20 miles. Advantage: it’s flat. And Gael was going to follow us and stop every 5 miles or so to hand over gels and drinks, before driving us back to Princeton once we reach 20. But the inconvenient is that it’s a bit boring, and so the plan was changed last minute: why not Run Around Princeton with major hills for the last 5 miles? Volunteers planted drinks along the way, and Gael did come to cheer us on, but it was HARD 🤪
Look at those amazing shoes 🤩
This week we received our wave assignments: I’m currently in wave 1, starting 9.10am, Orange Village (meaning my group will start on top of the bridge, with Blue Village, while Pink village get will start on the lower part of the bridge), coral F, i.e. at the end of wave 1. Delphine is in wave 2, so we will check if we can align!
And everybody is starting to prepare: Laure reviewed key positions and battle plan as a visitor, other runners started to pack their bags! And we have a few bags to think about:
- the race day bag: what we will bring on us and with us to the starting village
- the post race bag: that we will give NYRR on Saturday, and they will have it for us at the end of the run.
- the rest of the bag, with clothes for after the run, once you go back to the hotel for a quick shower before you continue your day as normal, but with this classy medal around your neck!
Sharing my list for Delphine, and I will add in the comments as I learn about something new to pack:
- race day bag and stuff: suncream, hat/cap, sun glasses, safety pins (extras to pin stuff to us up if needed), gels, water bottle, electrolytes, Vaseline, cheap headlamp, plastic bag (to sit on if it’s wet), hand warmers, plastic cover (to keep us warm while we wait), gloves/ pants/ jumper that you don’t mind losing as we will leave them behind at the start, actual running clothes, including our favorites shorts, sport bras, socks, shirt and T shirt with your name on, yellow running shoes. Checking if I can find inflatable seats to increase our comfort level while we wait, but that would be luxury!
- post race bag: towel, flip flop, clean t shirt, jumper, long pants, your favorite snack, battery pack.
- rest of bag: breakfast food/tea/coffee/herbal tea, finisher jackets, post race clothes, toiletries including deo (Americans do not like body odors…), charger for phone/watch and all electronics, ID and confirmation letter from NYRR, tickets for visits pre and post race…
I think that’s all for now… it might grow as we go, but I started putting stuff if a bag to ensure I don’t forget anything!
Remember to NOT pack the cat that follows you everywhere…





Dommage que vous ne soyez pas toutes les deux dans la même vague...
ReplyDeleteOn va s’arranger!
Delete