Week 17 - Full Taper Mode
Mileage has seriously reduced, Saturday long run was just 4 miles! We did not know what to do with ourselves… we got extra party at coffee afterwards… and that’s my issue with tapering: I still eat a lot, while I don’t « spend » a lot. There will be more mass to move along 😜
Speaking of food:
- restaurant is booked for Saturday night, for the diner before the race, and yes, it’s an Italian restaurant so we should have a good pasta choice!
- nutrition morning of the race: sharing what an experienced runner from our group shared with us
So we will be eating our breakfast in the bus! I think they forgot coffee, but I’ve been told there will be plenty of coffee in the starting villages. Planning to bring cereals, banana and yogurt for the bus, and a bagel or similar for snack. I usually don’t start with a gel, but given the waiting time I see how it might help.Delphine, here is a site that goes through what to expect during the run, if you want to be surprised don’t read it! It can help you to refine your strategy:
Everyone is telling me not to start too fast, but they also share that they did start too fast, knowing not to! The adrenaline, excitement, wait before the actual start… not sure how we will manage it!
After a total of 20 miles run only this week, 3 hours (I went on walks for longer than I ran!) I’m logging off for this week, too excited for next week…
And yes, Barbie can run, even in heels, and win!



Trop trop belle la photo de barbie
ReplyDelete